Christmas Themed Family Yoga Class - Fundraiser for Calgary Reads
Join Miss Vanessa on the mat for a fun 30 minute family yoga class from the comfort of your home, or anywhere. All ages welcome! The Zoom link will be sent to your inbox after signing up :)
Time & Location
Dec 13, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. MST
Live on Zoom w/ Miss Vanessa
About the class
Join Miss Vanessa on the mat for a fun 30 minute family yoga class from the comfort of your home, or anywhere.
All ages welcome! The Zoom link will be sent to your inbox after signing up :)
Donations collected from this class will go to Calgary Reads to support their current fundraiser. To donate, click:
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1 in 4 Canadian children grow up in a home without books.
- By age 3, children from the wealthiest and poorest homes are separated by a 4-million word gap. Children without access to books and family reading time are at risk of entering kindergarten without school readiness. Worse yet, if a child doesn’t achieve grade-level reading by grade 3, it’s unlikely they’ll ever catch up to their peers.
Calgary Reads' initiatives aim to enrich our community and children’s reading lives by:
- Getting a child their very own book through their Book Bank, Little Red Reading House and partnerships with community agencies and public health nurses who bring books to families at immunization points.
- Helping families start early & develop strong reading role models through their programs, such as LENA Start and wee read.
- Creating safe, fun reading spaces in our community at agencies such as Discovery House, Families Matter & CUPS.
To learn more, you can visit https://calgaryreads.com