Virtual Family Yoga - Fundraiser for Calgary Reads
Join Miss Vanessa on the mat for a fun 30 minute family yoga class from the comfort of your home, or anywhere. All ages welcome!
Time & Location
Nov 29, 2020, 10:00 a.m. MST
Live on Zoom
About the class
Join Miss Vanessa on the mat for a fun 30 minute family yoga class from the comfort of your home, or anywhere.
All ages welcome!
Donations collected from this class will go to Calgary Reads to support their current fundraiser. Click the PayPal button on the homepage of our website to donate.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1 in 4 Canadian children grow up in a home without books.
- By age 3, children from the wealthiest and poorest homes are separated by a 4-million word gap. Children without access to books and family reading time are at risk of entering kindergarten without school readiness. Worse yet, if a child doesn’t achieve grade-level reading by grade 3, it’s unlikely they’ll ever catch up to their peers.
Calgary Reads' initiatives aim to enrich our community and children’s reading lives by:
- Getting a child their very own book through their Book Bank, Little Red Reading House and partnerships with community agencies and public health nurses who bring books to families at immunization points.
- Helping families start early & develop strong reading role models through their programs, such as LENA Start and wee read.
- Creating safe, fun reading spaces in our community at agencies such as Discovery House, Families Matter & CUPS.
To learn more, you can visit https://calgaryreads.com